KRUISRIVER GUEST FARM
Kruisriver Guest Farm is situated at the foothills of the majestic Swartberg Mountains between Oudtshoorn and Calitzdorp. They offer self-catering cottages or camping for those who love to get away from the bustle of everyday life.
The most outstanding feature of this farm, apart from its scenic setting, is its absolute sense of peace and quiet while the constant murmur of running water lulls you into complete relaxation.
Your hosts, Sybrand en Martlie Strydom, stem from the Strydom-family who has farmed Kruisriver since 1759. Guests are accommodated in the Mill house. Other historical attractions include an old water-mill. Kruisriver Guest Farm allows for a number of outdoor activities such as swimming, hiking, mountain biking and bird watching. There is much to occupy children of all ages: swings, sand/mud playing pit, mud fights (when the natural pool is empty) and crab catching in the streams.
Please take note of the following:
– Campsite is not always open. Phone before arrival if you have not booked.
General Information on self-catering unit:
- Outside braai facilities
- There are no TV’s in the units
The following is provided:
- Bedding, towels and toilet paper (bring your own towels for swimming)
- Firewood available for sale
General Information on outdoor accommodation
The following are available:
- Electricity points
- Firewood for sale
- Hot/cold water in ablution block (bring own toilet paper)
- Laundry trough
- Clothes line (bring own pegs)
Facilities and conveniences at the disposal of guests
- Ice and fire wood (available for sale)
- Swimming pool
- Natural swimming pool that is constantly filled with spring water (on days that the water is not needed for irrigation)
- River hiking trail
- Many cycling paths/roads
Mill House Accommodation:
- Sleeps 4 persons
- Open plan accommodation
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Double bed in one room
- 2 single beds
- Bathroom (shower)
- Veranda with view of a waterfall
- Electricity and warm water
Caravan & Camping Accommodation:
- 8 Stands suitable for tents/smaller caravans
- Separate shower and toilets for male and female
- Electricity points
- Maximum 4 persons per site
- Plots next to running stream
- Magnificent view of the Swartberg Mountains
- Braai facilities.
With its abundance of birdlife, tortoises and flora, Kruisriver is the perfect getaway for nature lovers and hikers. It offers typical outdoor activities like swimming and walking, while the river that runs through the farm provides several beautiful spots for picnicking.
Swimming at Kruisriver Guest Farm:
Swim in the natural pool, river pool or swimming pool.
Apart from the 10-minute walking trial following the streams and water-falls in the Kruisriver gardens, there are a short river trail and another up to the cross on a nearby hill. The passing dirt road gives a lot of options to cyclists to cycle to different destinations.
Come and add to our bird list (recorded by Gavin Lawson – Cape Bird Club during their stay 23/12/2004 – 03/01/2005).
- The Cango Caves,
- Swartberg Pass,
- Cango Wildlife Ranch,
- Calitzdorp (port capital of SA),
- The Hell (Gamkaskloof),
- Seweweekspoort are close by to visit on day trips.
Get in Touch
Check In / Check Out
Check In: From 14:00
Check Out: At 10:00
Decimal Degrees (WGS84)
Degrees, Minutes & Seconds
Latitude: S33 26 10
Longitude: E21 53 21
Latitude: S 33 26.173
Longitude: E 21 53.362